Summary of Duties: Supports the Trust and Investment Group in the areas of portfolio management, securities research, and the overall investment management function. Reporting to the EVP, Trust & Investment Group Manager, the Investment Officer plays a key role in developing and fostering relationships with our clients and meeting their wealth planning needs. In this role, the Investment Officer is responsible for the sales and service of an integrated wealth management solution, with a focus on investments, to clients and prospects of Bank of Ann Arbor. Starting with an existing portfolio, this associate will be part of a team focused on growing investments by executing the wealth management strategies across the client-base.
- Provide investment management to an assigned group of accounts.
- Generate sales leads through research, centers of influence and personal contacts.
- Provide value added relative performance to portfolios per established benchmarks.
- Assist with on-going review and recommended changes to BOAA Buy List(s).
- Serve as member of the Trust Investment Committee.
- Review and recommend changes to mutual funds platform available to taxable and tax deferred trust clients.
- Monitor and rebalance accounts as appropriate.
- Maintain close working relationship with clients and administrators to keep abreast of issues which impact the investment policy of individual clients’ accounts.
- Prepare Investment Policy Statements as appropriate.
- Participate in community affairs to increase the Bank’s visibility.
- Assist with strategic initiatives to broaden the Trust and Investment Management Group’s products/services.
- Provide support to the Administration staff in achieving department goals including new business presentations, existing client presentations, and customer relationship management.
- Perform investment account reviews to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Assist ongoing review and evaluation of brokers utilized for trade execution for the Trust and Investment Group.
- Complete annual broker review for audit/compliance purposes.
- Vote, either directly or indirectly, all proxies for the Department.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.