Summary of Duties:
The Associate Director HR, Training & Development under limited supervision, conducts integrated training needs assessments. This person evaluates designs, coordinates and delivers a comprehensive range of training, development and education programs in field of expertise. In addition, the position works closely with the director of human resources in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions and activities.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Delivering group and individual instruction and training covering a range of technical, operational, and/or management areas in a specified field.
- Developing training curricula and recommending or utilizing vendor programs meeting instructional goals and objectives.
- Formulating training outlines and determining instructional methods utilizing knowledge of specified training needs and effectiveness of such methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, and workshops.
- Selecting or developing training aids including training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference works.
- Coordinating administrative functions necessary to deliver and document training programs
- Evaluating effectiveness of training and development programs, and utilizing relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods.
- Assisting in analyzing and assessing training and development needs for individuals, departments, and/or external organizations.
- Reviewing instructor performance and recommending improvements to program content and/or instructor presentation methods. May recruit, select, and train SME instructors.
- Leading and training staff who performing related work.
- Potentially participating in the recruitment of volunteers as appropriate.