This position drives the collection functions for delinquent accounts to achieve target delinquency goals with the lowest possible lost ratios and minimal risks. Leads the team professionally and efficiently, contacts borrowers, negotiates & processes extensions, modifications, repossessions and liquidations while acting with a sense of urgency. Manages filing of insurance claims to realize the recovery of money and minimize losses. Advises of and recommends the accounts that require special handling. Maintain accurate records.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow all UniFi/BOAA credit and collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices. At all times conducting one’s self with a sense of urgency.
- Ensure that all communication strictly adheres to the requirements of Federal and State regulations including but not limited to FCRA.
- Receives, answers, and resolves escalated issues from team and customers.
- Recommend debt repayment or establish repayment schedules based on ascertaining customer’s financial situation and understanding of UniFi’s policies and applicable BOAA policies. Securing the Director of Credit & Portfolio Management approval.
- Coordinate with the Director of Credit & Portfolio Management. to prepare payment reduction or extension requests for review and approval.
- Work with legal counsel to follow and manage defaulted lease accounts including bankruptcies, litigations, settlements and charge offs/recoveries.
- Maintain and liquidate inventory of returned and repossessed equipment/assets.
- Maintain accurate and up to date online files and records in Aspire to provide detailed chronology of collection efforts for every assigned delinquent account, and provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly statuses of collection activity.
- Provide analytics to help improve Collections efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations to senior management
Customer Service Responsibilities
1. Provide daily direction and communication to staff so customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner. Ensure the courteous and considerate interface with account holders at all times
2. Provide performance coaching, feedback and reviews on a regular basis to team members.
3. Manage inbound calls and proactive outbound calls to achieve team goals and uphold department standards.
4. Manage customer complaints/inquiries as necessary.
5. Perform root cause analysis on any identified issues that arise. Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service levels to both internal and external customers.
AR Specialist Responsibilities:
1. Provide daily direction and communication to assure all responsibilities are completed
- Cash is posted and reconciled daily
- New accounts are booked accurately
- Create initial billings and post advance payments
- Process and print the daily invoices
- Returned ACH/Checks
- Account Terminations
- Additional assigned duties-testing/projects
2. Provide performance coaching, feedback and reviews on a daily regular basis to all team members.